Tricia and Rachel live a queer nerdy life with their cat Rory (aka Roar Cat) in Vancouver, Canada.
They met through playing Dungeons & Dragons and quickly became friends (then girlfriends, then fiancées) who exchanged the books they were reading. They built a little community of queer nerds in their neighborhood and expanded the community to the Internet.
They hope this is a place that will inspire you to live your nerdiest, queerest life. Read a book, play a game, and say hello!
Talking About Ourselves
- Adventure Queers: Meet Tricia McGarrah!
- Adventure Queers: Meet Rachel Adams!
- We Fell in Love Through D&D
- Realizing You’re Queer When You’re 30
- We’re Getting Married: The Proposal Story!
Hear Our Voices on Podcasts
- Rachel and Trish: Creating and Learning From Each Other on DMs of Vancouver
- Wingspan – Fly Away with Trish on Boardgame B*tch
- DM’s Pocket Guide – our own podcast!
- “Let Me Be Perfectly Queer” by Capilano Courier
- “Celebrate Pride – Your Way” on What’s On Queer BC
Want to know what we’re up to?
Sign to to Roar Cat Reads’ newsletter for regular queer and nerdy recommendations as well as information on our events and projects.